Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC: First screenshots
Red Dead Redemption 2 arrives for PC on November 5th, and starting today, you can pre-purchase the game exclusively via the Rockstar Games Launcher. With a host of new additions and a range of technical, graphical and performance enhancements to make Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC the ultimate version of Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang’s open world epic. Here are the first stunning new PC screenshots and additional details.
From now until October 22nd, you can pre-purchase Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC exclusively via the Rockstar Games Launcher and receive special bonuses – including two free classic Rockstar Games PC titles from the following:
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Bully: Scholarship Edition
- L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
- Max Payne 3: The Complete Edition
All pre-purchases made on the Rockstar Games Launcher also include free upgrades to the Premium Editions of Red Dead Redemption 2, with the Special Edition and Ultimate Edition both discounted by $20 each. Additional pre-purchase bonuses via the Rockstar Games Launcher include:
- Outlaw Survival Kit for Story Mode
- War Horse for Story Mode
- Le Trésor des Morts Treasure Map for Story
- Cash Bonus for Story Mode
- 50 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online
New Features and Updates
Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC takes full advantage of the power of the PC to bring every corner of this massive, rich and detailed world to life from the windswept snowy peaks of the Grizzly Mountains to the dusty roads of Lemoyne; from the mud-spattered storefronts of Valentine to the cobbled streets of St Denis. New graphical and technical enhancements for deeper immersion include increased draw distances for better navigation; higher quality global illumination and ambient occlusion for improved day and night lighting; higher quality snow trails, improved reflections and deeper, higher resolution shadows at all distances; tessellated tree textures and improved grass and fur textures for added realism in every plant and animal.
Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC also offers HDR support, the ability to run high-end display setups with 4K resolution and beyond, multi-monitor configurations, widescreen configurations, faster frame rates and more.
Click on each of the new high-resolution screenshots to see the world of Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC and see the game’s official system specifications below, along with additional info.
In addition to the technical enhancements, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC brings additional updates to the world of RDR2 Story Mode, including:
3 New Bounty Hunter Missions:
- Herman Zizendorf has been stealing tools from tradesmen – track him down in Blackwater.
- Ex-Confederate Cavalry Officer Camille de Millemont is wanted dead or alive out by Catfish Jacksons, but his loyal men are never far behind.
- Bart Cavanaugh and his gang are camping out in Big Valley. Take Bart dead or alive without alerting his gang if you want to avoid a whole mess of trouble.
2 New Gang Hideouts:
Take on the deadly Del Lobos gang in new hideouts at Gaptooth Breach and Solomon’s Folly.
2 New Treasure Maps:
Search for treasures across the new Landmarks of Riches and The Elemental Trail maps for gold bars and other rewards.
New Mission “To The Ends of The Earth” – collect requested herbs for a range of rewards
New Weapons for Story Mode including:
- M1899 Pistol – all-new Semi-automatic handgun with clip loaded ammunition
- Evans Repeater – high capacity repeater (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- High Roller Revolver – ornate double-action revolver (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Le Mat Revolver – powerful revolver with the ability to shoot shotgun shells (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
New Horses for Story Mode including:
- Warped Brindle Arabian – a fast and agile mount
- Few Spot Appaloosa – beautiful and hardy, ideal for cross-country journeys
- Perlino Andalusian – a healthy, sturdy animal, ideal for hunting (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Red Chestnut Arabian – a fleet-footed beast with a distinctive coat (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Plus 3 new wild horse variations – keep an eye out for wild herds featuring the Buttermilk Buckskin Kentucky Saddler, Liver Chestnut Morgan and Gold Palomino Tennessee Walker
5 New Trinkets to collect with new effects:
- Hawk Talon – permanently decreases Stamina bar drain speed by 30% when drawing a bow
- Cat Eye – permanently increases the length of Fortifying tonic effects by 20%
- Shark Tooth – permanently increases horse bonding experience bonus by 10%
- Turtle Shell – permanently increases health bar refill speed by 10%
- Crow Beak – permanently increases looted ammo by 10%
Red Dead Redemption 2 has been specifically developed to perform on a wide range of machines:
OS: Windows 7 – Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB
HDD Space: 150GB
Sound Card: DirectX compatible
OS: Windows 10 – April 2018 Update (v1803)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
HDD Space: 150GB
Sound Card: DirectX compatible
Stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for more on Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC including a new official 4K 60FPS trailer.